NextGen TIME Leadership Institutes
Are you planning to adopt new science instructional materials for your districts and schools? If so, you know the adoption of instructional materials is a costly investment with long-term impacts. This decision-making process is critically important because instructional materials can either support or inhibit improvements in teaching and learning.
Discover an effective pathway through this process at the NextGen TIME Leadership Institute. NextGen TIME is a suite of tools and processes for curriculum-based professional learning that supports educators to evaluate, select, and implement instructional materials designed for next generation science.
During this immersive experience, you will:
- develop a deeper understanding of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Framework for K-12 Science Education;
- be guided through the evaluation, selection, and planning for implementation of materials that will help teachers enact the vision of next generation science in their classrooms;
- learn how to analyze and select materials based on key criteria and scoring guidance; and
- access handouts, powerpoints, facilitation guides and other resources to help you navigate the NextGen TIME process.
Who should participate?
- Science supervisors
- K-12 teacher leaders (teams of leaders can include classroom teachers)
- District/school administrators
- Science consultants
- University faculty
Details vary for each institute. Currently, there are no NextGen TIME Leadership Institutes available for registration. Join our email list here to stay informed on upcoming programs.